Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where have you been, young lady?????!!!!!

I know, I know - I am a terrible blogger. I write less posts than Paris Hilton wears undies, so I get it if you don't want to hang out at my place any more.

To my defence, I haven't had an internet connection for several weeks. But honestly, that's not reason enough. Because I could have gone on a crusade and done whatever needed to be done, never stopping, never getting tired, until I found a way to post. My mom doesn't call me a stubborn mule for no reason. I could have done it... had I been focused.

But alas, I were anything but focused. But hey, don't blame me and my wandering mind. Don't blame the hospital and the hard work, or the merciless sun, or the occassional fling either (for the record, there hasn't been any of the latter! :( ) My friends, if you need to blame somebody / something, blame the water.

The crystal, refreshing, gorgeous water of the beaches of Mytilene. I have actually been more of a dolphin than a human for the last weeks. Ok, the glittering sand, the breathtaking landscapes, the fun company and the delicious cocktails served at beach bars rule also, but the water is something else.

And to prove this to you, this is where I have been for the last weeks:


1) Eresos: My favourite beach in the whole island (located a little over 1 1/2 hours from Mytilene). Several kilometers of white sand, crystal clean water, a laid-back atmosphere and friendly people are all it takes to feel at home. Seriously, Eresos is the most relaxing place in the whole world for me so far.






















2) Agios Isidoros: Time for a dive in a "Blue Lagoon" scenery. The colours of the water are amazing, and the white pebbles are ideal for those who are not very fond of sand.













3) Agios Ermogenis: If you want to find the best beach there is, while staying at a close proximity to Mytilene, look no futher. Once you enjoy the panoramic view of the beach, you will be hooked - one glance will be enough to fall in love with it! Also, the unique scenery with the pine trees virtually getting into the sea and the little white church up the hill will add to your infatuation.




















4) Faneromeni: Not for the weak of heart. Located near Sigri, the westernmost part of the island, Faneromeni is rarely calm. Instead, it is windy, wild, deserted and non-organised. It almost makes you feel unwanted there. Unfortunately, most passionate love stories start with contempt and rejection - and before you realise it, you will keep coming back for more!














5) Anaxos: This is the best beach in the northern part of the island. Anaxos is a strange story indeed. While being organised, with umbrellas and water sports, family - oriented and surrounded by cafes and restaurants, the water is still crystal clean and manages to enchant beach snobs like myself. I don't know how it does it, but every time I go there, I greatly enjoy it.
















This is my top 5 of the beaches of Lesvos so far. But the list doesn't stop here. Charamida, Ksampelia, Vatera, Molyvos, Eftalou, Chroussos are all amazing beaches too. And the best part? I have many more to discover!


So there, enjoy some pictures of the aforementioned beaches. I hope you like them, and they make up for the hiatus my blog is going through every now and then.


Or instead, you can hate me for making you jealous and decide to follow me never again. Oh, cr@p!

12 comments:

  1. I WISH I could blame my slackerness on the beach! If only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally jealous!!!! But I could never hate you, you are too sweet :) It looks like a wonderful way to be spending your free time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at the list of blogs I follow and was wondering where you were, but I figured you were busy being a doctor. How can you do this to us?! Those pictures are TOO much! I am SO jealous!!! But Lissaloo is right, you are too sweet to hate. I guess I will just have to take a vacation. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I would like more frequent posts from A Dash Of Life, I can't blame you for a second for taking in all the sand and sun of those beaches. Unreal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness your pictures are gorgeous!!
    I am more of a woodsy type girl being so fair skinned and all but I could wander your beautiful beaches very happily!(I'd just need lots and lots of sunscreen!!)
    My favorite pictures are from Agios Ermogenis. I have never seen such beauty in real life. It is amazing!! : )
    I'm glad that you are enjoying your surroundings! Please continue...and come by once in awhile and make me jealous again! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's it, I'm jumping on a plane and coming to Mytilene right now! I won't even need a hotel, I'll just sleep on the beach. I'm kidding, of course, but those beaches are amazing! Thanks for sharing, even if I am a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get me a ticket and find me a cabana boy! I'm off to Mytilene! Yes, Gracey, you were missed and we'll forgive you because when you do post it is always well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for being so understanding and forgiving, people. I really missed you all of you too. I may need a day or two to catch up on your adventures, but I will make it.

    Oh, and whenever you feel like flying to Mytilene, you will be most welcome here. And of course, no worries about your stay. Just come here, and everything else will be taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't complain about the infrequent posting...I'm guilty, as well. I do miss your posts, though!!! The offer to fly to Mytilene is VERY tempting right now...especially with pictures to fuel the temptation!! Beautiful pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm yeah... if I had beaches like that, I'd be at the beach too! Denmark's beaches don't quite look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hate you?? I'm on the next plane!

    Absolutely amazing. I mean, California has some nice beaches, but nothing like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, it's been another two weeks since your last post! Are you still at the beach?! LOL Hope you are having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete